Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My computer has started running really slow and keeps on freezing/crashing can anyone tell me how to

I tried to download Norton security and since my computer just seems to be going haywire and running really slow?



My computer has started running really slow and keeps on freezing/crashing can anyone tell me how to fix this?hijack this



I would advise against Norton as this can really slow your pc down. You could either purchase a new antivirus or download AVG which is free. You should also perform maintenance regularly i.e, clear cookies etc delete old files. (check your free memory) Also if you have other anti spyware/virus running on top of Norton they will conflict and cause stop errors freezes. Check for updates If you have lots of music photos, back these up to cd or memory stick and clear them off. Run an error check if anything comes up then you should be able to repair with original disk. hope this helps.



My computer has started running really slow and keeps on freezing/crashing can anyone tell me how to fix this?liveupdate



norton is poo. unload the programme and install antivir Personal edition classic. runs better than norton, and I have never had any probs. checks your computer every few hours for you.
Ok since that sounds hopeless to me i would just reformat the computer. Not sure the exact specifics for your computer you may have to put in the cd it came with if it did. But reformatting totally deletes everything on your computer.. Well it makes it brand new.



EDIT: DONT GET NORTON NOT HELPFUL -- GET MCAFEE IF YOUR GONNA GET ANYTHING.
You could try a system restore to a couple of weeks ago. Go to start, accessories, system tools, then system restore.
Right, cause you are infected with Adware, Viruses, Trojans and Spyware.



Go here and START READING:



http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/You_Must_...

No comments:

Post a Comment