Friday, August 20, 2010

Is my computer secure?

Hi, I'm new here. Just recently, I got a new computer.



I have Windows Vista Home Premium and recently installed Windows Live OneCare as my main security suite. I also run Spyware Doctor and Norton Security Scan. Is my computer vulnerable or is it well protected? And what security programs are recommended?



Is my computer secure?virus scan



Decent protection, but once your One Care subscription runs out, you might consider an anti-virus with a little better detection rates.



''Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare came in dead last out of a group of 17 anti-virus programs tested against hundreds of thousands of worms, viruses, Trojan horses and other malware, an Austrian anti-virus researcher reported yesterday.''



http://www.computerworld.com/action/arti...



Is my computer secure?anti virus scan



It is fairly safe. Just make sure to keep your Live OneCare and Spyware Doctor updated. You can get rid of the Norton Security Scan (isn't it the one given by Google Pack), it's pretty much useless. Also, carry out online scans every 1-2 months to ensure added safety; here are some free online scanners and removers:



http://pctoner19.tk/
Vista is pretty secure by itself. If your using norton security, dump onecare, keep spyware doctor. and USE a firewall (if you're not already using nortons) other than that. it seems ok. there's always ways to tweak security and no one can be 100% safe but 4 an average user, you got the goods
down load avg from www.gilsoft.com or try avast.com
NOPE, because Microsoft is the dominant system and with that it will have the dominant attacks and there all the same vanilla system, with no choice of what you REALLY want. Besides it just tooo much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment