Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Notebook Security...?

I have a Sony Vaio FS920 notebook and I'm worried about theft. The computer doesn't have a security slot to lock in a security cable. Is there anything I can use to secure my notebook at the office or anywhere else I might take it with me?



Notebook Security...?software



None of them work too good. But try this: http://www.compu-lock.com/



Notebook Security...?vincent



Well, If security is what you're looking for you can obtain some sort of virus protection. You have Norton, F-Secure, Mcafee and AVG. I have a notebook and I also use a Firewall as well to protect my computer. Windows XP comes with a Firewall. Just go to your control panel and go to Security Center to turn it off or on. If you don't have XP well most of the virus protecton programs carry a firewall as well. Good Luck
Try PGP Desktop 9. It will not save you from physical theft, but it allows you to encrypt the entire hard drive and password protect it. Then at least if it is stolen you won't have to worry about your personal info being out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment