Sunday, August 15, 2010

How can I make sure I do not have any firewalls set up on my computer?

I can't get a piece of software working on my computer, and customer support for that softward said I need to make sure no firewall is getting in the way. I have my windows firewall turned off and I don't have Norten or any other security feature on my computer. But how can I be sure that there isn't a firewall getting in the way....?



How can I make sure I do not have any firewalls set up on my computer?vincent



Do you have a router? If so it will act as a firewall, go into the router's settings to disable, or even better, to ''forward ports'' port forwarding allows software access certain ports.



How can I make sure I do not have any firewalls set up on my computer?adware remover



Do ctrl-alt-del and select processes tab, Look at the processes that are running. If you find it, select End Process then go to Control panel from Start and Add/Remove programs and uninstall if you wish.



You can also do the following



Start=%26gt;Run=%26gt;type in ''msconfig''=%26gt;OK=%26gt;select the Startup Tab=%26gt;then uncheck the box for your firewall.
They don't magically appear on your PC. Unless you downloaded and installed it, and KNOW ABOUT IT BEING THERE, you won't have one.



Look in your Programs file.

No comments:

Post a Comment