Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What does it do when you restore firewall defaults? My Mcafee security keeps kicking out of enabled

My Mcafee security keeps kicking out of enabled to disabled, saying I am not protected. It has done this several times in the last day. I thought maybe I should reset the firewall, but I don't know what that will mean for my security. I am not computer savy. PLEASE HELP!!



What does it do when you restore firewall defaults? My Mcafee security keeps kicking out of enabled protectionnetwork security



Do you have McAfee set to turn on when you start the computer?



What does it do when you restore firewall defaults? My Mcafee security keeps kicking out of enabled protectionnorton internet security



First of all.. if you are not sure of something this basic with your product then the proper place to go would be the mcafee.com website or contacting their technical support... asking for advice on a public web board from people who might be younger than 10 years old is never wise.



Resetting to the defaults would mean back to the settings that it had when you first installed it. (What are those? see above).



If you have added anything to the firewall rules or have changed any settings those will be gone.



Most likely if your product is ''kicking out of enabled mode'' there is a problem which is probably malware related.

No comments:

Post a Comment