Friday, August 20, 2010

Norton Internet security 2007 firewall blocks wireless network?

When the firewall is turned on (on my notebook) I cannot connect to my network. As soon as I turn off the firewall, it connects. I have norton internet security 2007 on both computers and they are configured with the IP addresses as a ''trusted'' computer in the Norton settings. Norton support could not help, they suggested reloading but still no good. I know there is someone out there that can fix this problem. Please help.



Norton Internet security 2007 firewall blocks wireless network?adware remover



Here's the complete thread of how I got my Vista laptop to network with my WinXP pcs via a wireless home network. See the section below on Norton Internet Security.



Windows Networking 鈥?Vista and WinXP



Ok. First take a deep breath and gather your patience. I wrote-up the below thread after my recent experience in networking a new Vista laptop with two existing WinXP machines. It wasn't quick but it did work, eventually. Try some of these steps:



1) Firewall settings - one of the biggest hassles. To get started I suggest you FIRST disconnect your network from the internet (for your protection), then disable ALL firewalls (including Windows firewall) on ALL machines, and then work to get your home network operating internally. What I learned on my home network is below.



1.1) My WinXP machines have ZoneAlarm and I needed to ensure that all machines on the network were in the trusted zone. Go to the Zone tab of Firewall settings in ZoneAlarm free version. Ensure all of your machines鈥?IP addresses are listed, as well as that of your router or wireless access point.



  • convert an old bath
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment