Friday, August 20, 2010

How many Security Software's should I use?

I have the following Security Softwares on my computer? Not sure what to get rid of and what to keep? Some do the samething and are probably overkill? Please tell me what I should do?



What I have installed-



1) Pareto Logic Anti-Spyware (Paid Version)



2) Ad Aware Personal SE (Free)



3) Spyware Doctor (Paid Version)



4) Spybot Search %26 Destroy (Free)



5) Spy Blaster (Free)



6) AVG Anti Spyware



7) XoftSpy (Paid Version)



Other Programs-



1) ID Blaster Plus



2) Wintasks



3) File Checker



4) ID Blaster Plus



5) Speed up My PC (Paid Version)



6) Regcure



How many Security Software's should I use?antivirus



WARNING! Use only one antivirus program. They conflict with each other.



How many Security Software's should I use?computer



I suspect many of those spyware softwares are not what you think they are. Spybot and adaware is probably all you need for spyware removal, you need antivirus software and you need a firewall, this will cover you from the 3 most important perspectives of intrusion and malicious attacks.



As for auto registry cleaners and magic ''make my computer faster'' software, they are bad ideas all together.



I recommend you install your system fresh, install spyware protection, install anti-virus, install a good firewall (Like Zone Alarm) and then install your basics like ms office and larger, reputable software packages. Next make a ghost image of your machine and then if your machine starts running real slow then save your personal data and reimage your machine with the fresh image that you know is good and you will be back to 100% in minutes. If you want your computer to go faster than it already does and you have a fresh install of windows on it then you probably need to upgrade your hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment