Sunday, August 15, 2010

Computer Help (ASAP) PLEASE?

My neighbor has 5 detected viruses on their computer. Three of which are high risk. She has a virus scan, but it is free and claims it can not remove the viruses. Norton Virus Scan I think. How do I remove these off their computer? Is there a good security program that will remove this and keep her comp safe from now on? One that is free, at least for now until they can buy a subscription.



Computer Help (ASAP) PLEASE?virus protection software



Try avg antivirus..I'ts free



Computer Help (ASAP) PLEASE?adware



AVG:



http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/



Avast:



http://www.avast.com/eng/download.html



Both free, run both.
Yes.. Go to Avast.com and download the free home version. It is free and STAYS free. It works great and isn't a system hog. I would recommend it over any top virus program like Norton. You have to register for a activation code but you don't need to give a credit card # or anything.(its all free). Use the first link to download and the second link to get the activation code
All I can say is to try another anti virus (AVG) and *also to get a fire wall*. If that dose not do the trick then you should back up anything you can and reload the system. The fire wall I would suggest would be zone alarm. Both AVG and zone alarm both have free versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment