Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I turn off the stupid info bar at the top of the IE7 browser WITHOUT changing my security set

The info bar reads, ''Your current security settings put your computer at risk. Click here to change your settings.'' I am smart enough to keep my computer secure without Microsoft's annoying reccommendations, and in fact I need my settings the way they are. I find it despicable on Microsoft's part that they didn't offer an easy option to turn that garbage off.



How do I turn off the stupid info bar at the top of the IE7 browser WITHOUT changing my security settings?spyware remove



Hi crakity,



I would suggest adding the websites that you are comfortable trusting and visit often to your ''Trusted Sites.''



If that isn't really the fix you want, proceed with caution, as I have not done this myself (haven't needed to).



HKCU\



Software\



Microsoft\



Internet Explorer\



Security\



DisableSecuritySettingsCheck



DWORD 0x1



http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10...



http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/in...



shows a different method.



Hopefully one of those three suggestions will resolve your problem. Don't forget to backup and/or set restore points first.



Respectfully,



TimF



How do I turn off the stupid info bar at the top of the IE7 browser WITHOUT changing my security settings?virus protection

No comments:

Post a Comment